It introduces the basic fundamental concepts of solar electricity design and installations. Students will discover how to utilize solar Pv electricity for residential and commercial energy generation purposes and learn how to mitigate global climate change and reduce green-house gases for better environmental conditions. The solar training includes site evaluation tools and techniques, solar electric component operation and connection, system design and sizing, AS solar product knowledge.
This Training will use formal lectures, informal class discussions, class hand-on-activities, indoor and outdoor practicals, possible field visits or tours, and (Potentially) guest speakers to achieve the descriptions noted above.
• No solar industry experience is assumed.
• Basic skills required: add, subtract, multiple, divide, fractions, decimals, algebra, percentages,use of formulas, & word problems.
• Use of a scientific calculator
• Use of the internet and internet based tools
• Use of a volt, ohm and ammeter